Vilans is the Netherlands centre of expertise for long-term care. Vilans researches, advises and shares knowledge on long-term care. This statement describes how Vilans handles the personal information of the individuals who visit our website or interact with our organisation.
Vilans is registered at Churchilllaan 11, 3527 GV, in Utrecht. Vilans processes personal data in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Vilans values the right to privacy and therefore handles personal details with care.
Vilans employs a privacy officer who can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Information that is Processed
Personal information includes all data that can identify an individual. Vilans processes your personal details because you use our services and/or because you provide them to us directly. Whenyou provide Vilans with the information, you are responsible for ensuring that it is accurate and relevant.
Below is an overview of the personal details that Vilans may process. In specific cases, we may process more or additional information.
For registering subscriptions and sending newsletters from Vilansand/or for participation in an knowledge panel:
- E-mail address, e-mail preferences and optional job title, sector
For sending Vilans publication(s):
- Name and addressdetails, company details, job title, email address and other contact information
- Payment details for paid products
Registration for meetings:
- Name, address, business information, job title, e-mail address and other contact details
- For meetings where refreshments are provided, information about your allergy or consumption preferences may also be processed
- V&VN/BIG number to obtain accreditation points
- Payment details for paid meetings
For entering into or executing an agreement/subscription:
- name, address, business information, job title, e-mail address and other contact information
- Payment details of you or your organisation
To login on to an online (subscription) environment:
- Account information, passwords and other verification details for accessing the portal
For answering a question via our online channels:
- E-mail address, name, job title, sector
In the context of research or publishing content:
Vilans processes your personal data because you provide it to us yourself in the context of research or for the publication of content. The personal details involved and where they are published depend on the research or publication.
Purposes and Grounds for Processing of your Information
Vilans processes personal data for the following purposes:
- Sending our newsletters and other publications
- To be able to contact you if necessary in order to provide our services or to improve our services
- To organise meetings and conferences that you have registered for or indicated that you are interested in. We also collect your information to obtain accreditation points from V&VN
- For entering into and executing an agreement/subscription with you or your organisation
- To collect and process your payment information when you make use of a paid service provided by Vilans
- To provide access to an online (subscription) environment
- To be able to answer your questions via our online channels and to share knowledge accordingly
- As part of a survey or the publication of content where you are an active participant
Various criteria apply to the above objectives. These include entering into and executing an agreement on the basis of permission or the legitimate interest of Vilans.
Vilans retains your personal data only for as long as is necessary to realise the purposes for which your data was collected and in accordance with its retention policy.
If you use Vilans services, you will be included in our stakeholder database. In this case, your data will be stored until you withdrawyour permission and Vilans has no other processing basis or legal obligation to store it.
Content will continue to be published in accordance with the content strategy until it has lost its informational value.
Research data (published anonymously or under a pseudonym where possible) will be kept for at least ten years. The data can be re-used in the context of (follow-up) research.
Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
Personal information is always shared with other parties in accordance with privacy laws and regulations. When, for example, use is made of external service providers, a Data Protection Agreement will be drawn up. This applies in any case to management and maintenance of the Vilans websites, the survey tool and data storage. Andwhen an external agency is used to organise meetings or conferences or to process research data. Vilans will pass on your V&VN and/or BIG number to V&VN to obtain accreditation points. Vilans may also make your personal details available to third parties on the basis of a court order or statutory obligation. Your details will be processed within the European Union.
Cookies are small text files that a website places on your computer, tablet or mobile phone when you visit the website. Information about your website visit is stored in these cookies. Personal details are processed when cookies are placed; they remain anonymous as far as possible.
When you first visit a Vilans website, you will be informed about these cookies and asked for permission to use them.
You can ask to see the personal information that we collect from you. You can ask to correct this information or object to how it is being used and processed. In some cases, you can withdraw your permission or ask Vilans to remove or transfer this data. You can send a request to email@example.com.
You can also submit a complaint concerning compliance of this privacy statement or if you do not agree with the way in which your details are being handled by Vilans.
To ensure that the request was made by you, Vilans may ask you for proof of identity, a copy of which will be destroyed immediately after verification. Vilans will respond to your request as soon as possible, but no later than four weeks.
You also have the option of submitting a complaint to the national supervisory authority, the Netherlands Data Protection Authority. This can be done via the following link: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons.
Vilans takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate technical and organisational measures to prevent abuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised changes. This is done by means of a security policy, a confidentiality clause for employees, employee training and the use of secure storage and connections, among other things.
If you have the impression that your data is not properly secured or if you have indications of abuse, please contact the privacy officer via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vilans reserves the right to modify this privacy statement. Themost up-to-date privacy statement can be found at www.vilans.nl.
We advise you to check this page regularly to see whether any changes have been made. If the changes affect the way in which Vilans processes personal details, we will inform you of this through notifications on our website(s) and/or in Vilans newsletters.
If you have any questions after reading this privacy statement, please contact the privacy officer via email@example.com.