A coherent and integrated healthcare system is key to solving demographic challenges and reducing the time patients remain in hospitals. This forms the basis of discussions at the IFIC’s (International Foundation of Integrated Care) 22nd International Conference on Integrated Care in Odense, Denmark, from 23 – 25 May 2022.
Presentations by Vilans experts and researchers
A team of Vilans experts and researchers are participating in the 3-day event divided into four main themes: Personalised and person-centred health and care; Digitised and digital support of health and care; Innovative collaborations; COVID recovery and impact on health and care systems. The delegation is being led by CEO Mirella Minkman and Dir. Strategy and Development, Henk Nies. Both will be presenting and participating in discussions together with Vilans researchers, Nick Zonneveld; Sander Merkus; Diny Stekelenburg, Nathalie Stolwijk and Jessica Michgelsen.
- The scale of integrated care using exemplary narratives to highlight the differences and similarities between countries concerning scale.
- The role of values in integrated care networks.
- The role of behavioural aspects in integrated care (demonstrated by playing a serious game with the conference delegates).
- The implementation of the Dementia Care Standard in the Netherlands.
- The influence of national systems and the role of people on integrated care.
- How literature in Integrated Care has developed over the past 10 years and what future research should focus on.
Mirella Minkman will also chair a plenary session on Innovative collaborations for integrated care and will be a panelist on the Future of integrated care.
The conference is a partnership with Healthcare Denmark in cooperation with Odense University Hospital, University of Southern Denmark (SDU), Municipality of Odense, Campus Odense and Destination FYN. Denmark is among international frontrunners when it comes to integrated healthcare services.
Read more about the conference: ICIC22, International Conference on Integrated Care