“It takes a village.”
My passion is to help the healthcare sector keep pace with the future. A future in which care fits seamlessly with every person in need of care; is given by communities of professionals AND citizens; is based on health rather than disease; contributes to the need for flexibility, security, sustainability and solidarity; is paid on the basis of goals and outcomes; participates and benefits from digital transformation.
Senior Adviser and Team Leader
I lead the innovation team at Vilans. I have a Master’s in Health Science and Public Health, and am involved in numerous innovative projects: from co-designing interventions that strengthen resilience of Young Carers, trends in society that impact Long Term Care, innovative financing of falls-prevention in elderly through Health Impact Bonds, to monitoring impact of community initiatives in the Netherlands. Together with many colleagues I develop knowledge about design, impact, network and culture-oriented innovations in healthcare.
Working with colleagues from other countries, cultures and sectors is a wonderful way to challenge your horizon. Therefore, I am looking forward to engaging with colleagues who work on innovation within or outside healthcare.
- Project leader of Dutch participation in Me-We, a H2020 project to strengthen the resilience of adolescent young carers
- Plenary speaker at 2nd International Young Carers Conference, Malmo
- Previous member of the Eurocarers Research Network
- Lecturer Fundis Japan-NL exchange program
- Participant study tour Long Term Care Japan
- Organiser Live exchange between Japan, New Zealand, South Africa and Netherlands at conference on Elderly Care 2020.
- Extensive experience in public health in Zambia